Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's Not Pretty People

That ugliness right there....yes I know I need to repolish or unpolish my toe nails. Besides that, do you see the black coloring on two of my toe nails? Yes this is why I still can't wear my cute knee high boots and why I haven't run in 2 1/2 weeks. This is what happens when you buy cheaper running shoes a 1/2 a size too small and then run 26.2 miles in them. I know ridiculously stupid right? I slap myself for it. The big toe is still a bit puffy too. I finally could at least wear flats this last week. Before that was flip flops or open toed sandals. Also, I still very like I have sore weak muscles. It happens after I sit for awhile. I go to get up, and suddenly my inner thighs are yelling at me. Is this normal? I thought I'd be better by now.

8 comments:

L. said...

ouch, looks painful :( hopefully your toes aren't hurting too much!

chris mcpeake said...

Hey I got one just like that, without the polish tho ... lol

Kenley said...

Hey, a lesson learned is a lesson well earned. Hope your toes feel better soon.

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Ooh, that looks awful! I hope it is better now. I suffer from an awful callous on my big toe that only gets worse now during my longer marathon training runs. The pain we endure for our goals!

Tricia said...

I don't think youre a real runner until you have black toenails :)

I have so much to aspire too....

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly. Just came across your blog...your before and after pic. Amazing!!!

outdoor.mom said...

oh dear!! better get some new shoes :-) Merry Christmas

outdoor.mom said...

I read about that in a running magazine. I think it happens to runners. Love your blog - awesome progress :-)