So I have still been struggling with maintaining my weight. It was so easy for me the first year. I probably was almost cocky about it. I didn't understand what was so hard. You plan your meals, track your food, stay within your points, exercise. As I type it it still sounds simple. But ever since my surgery last summer I have been up 10-18 lbs. above my lowest weight. I try to ask other people who have lost weight, "When you lost, did you get down to your lowest weight, and then bounce up a little to where your body wants to be?" No one seems to answer me. They either don't understand what I'm asking, haven't had that experience, or think I'm talking about plateaus. I mean when I was in the midst of losing I dropped down to 117. That's my lowest weight. Last year I had a tummy tuck and seemed to instantly gain 10 lbs. That still seems weird to me. I had a pound of skin removed, I should have dropped to 116 but instead I bounced up to 127. Lately my highest weight has been 135! I feel like crap at that weight. When I was 117 everyone told me I needed to gain 10 lbs. Well I gained that and then some and I don't like how I look or feel. I don't like that ALL my pants are tight. I don't like that I can feel back fat when I sit. I don't like it. So I am back to no longer trying to maintain but trying to lose again. This morning I weighed 129 and normally this would frustrate me, but I haven't seen a 2 in the tens place in awhile and it was a welcomed change. Here is a quick recap of the last 2 months:
- I ran a 10K April 19. I ran it in 51:21.
- I ran a 12K May 3. Finished in 100:02.
- Ran my 2nd 1/2 marathon and got a PR! Finished in 01:47:04.5. This time I raced I felt great afterwards. My first race I had to lay in be for 6 hours due to rotten gut! I'm pretty sure it was eating GU with caffeine that hurt my tummy. I had GU this race plus Imodium before my race and it helped tremendously.
- Went to a family reunion in Atlanta with my husband and oldest son to meet family I'd never met. It was amazing.
- Signed up for a 12 person relay race that's 190 miles long. I did not think it all the way through. It's a 2 day race which means I could have a leg at 2:00 in the morning! Well it will be an experience.
- I am trying to eat more clean. Not that I eat bad, my I find myself snacking off my children's plates. I need to stop eating as many crackers and thing like that!
So have any of you lost weight but your body couldn't maintain it and you gained a little bit more? Maybe it's just me. Everyone keeps telling me this must be where my body wants to be but I don't receive that well.