Sunday, September 21, 2008

Race Recap- 2nd Place Female

For this race, I was surprised at the disorganization of the whole thing. First, I went to register online like I always do. Paypal got my payment amazingly enough, but not my age, sex, or race I was doing. Then, I almost didn't go in on Friday to register since they said they were only registering until 4:30. Luckily I called and they told me it was a typo and that I could come until 6. When I went to register, I had already emailed someone with my info that paypal lost, but yet AGAIN they didn't have my info just my moolah. They did give me a goodie bag that was a green reusable grocery bag, some YMCA pamphlets, chap stick, a Bumble Bar (which tasted and looked like birdseed), chapstick, a vitamin water, and a t-shirt. Their were two races simultaneously, a 5K and a 10K. The trail the race was on is open to the public, so we all had to crowd on the sides to let bicyclists and other walker/runners not involved in the race (hence my problem last weekend) through. Once the race started, I watched about 15 guys and 1 chick go sprinting like they were on fire or something. They were not fooling around. I'm used to this trail and it only has gentle inclines and declines. It was perfect weather, overcast but about 60 degrees. Since this race was 3.1 miles in and then you turn around, I knew what place I was in for the females...2nd! The first place girl smoked me probably by 5 or 10 minutes. I was proud of myself though because no one passed me and I passed 2 men! Two dudes!!! That's never happened in the middle or end of a race before, but it did this time! When the race was over, I had a woman and a couple tell me my pink shorts were their focus point. "We kept trying to catch you, but you had a really good pace." The bummer at the end was, I forgot my husbands watch, I don't have a fancy running watch yet (any suggestions for me to ask for at Christmas??), and they weren't timing us! They said to me, "This wasn't a timed event, but would you like it to be next year?" Umm let me see...YYEESSSS! I hate when I don't know my time. The 4th place gal had a clock on and hers was stopped at 48:00 so I assume I did it in 47:00 which is a PR for me! No pics of me either except a few my mama took of me before the race. I'll have to post them when she downloads her camera. Knowing my mom though, that could be in 6 months!!! Anyway, I felt good about my race again and am feeling more and more confident that I'll be ready for my HM in October!

8 comments:

carla said...

AWESOME RACE WOMAN! (laughed at the running like they on fire. me? I run like my feet are stuck in molasses. I kid not.)

you should be so proud.
now.
go git your mom downloading.

Miz.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, well done. You are definitely going to be ready for the half..

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's amazing. Congrats on the race.
You did awesome! =)

BeachRunner said...

Way to go. Great job!!

Levi said...

Great accomplishment and we want pictures!

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

Congrats on a great run! =)

N.D. said...

Wow - you rock!! Great job!

N.D. said...

P.S. my mom is the same way. Unless I stalk her, I will get no pics that she took!