Friday, September 19, 2008

Weekly Workouts

So tomorrow I have another race in my HM training schedule. It's another small race (in numbers I mean). A 10K this time. It's on the same trail the ALS walkers were on, but it sounds like this race is much smaller. I'm surprised because it too is a worthy cause, it's a race to fight hunger. It starts at 9:00 and then there are a ton of festivities I'm going to take my kiddos to. I have to take grandma with me because it's a 2 person job whenever I try to take my darling duo out in public. They will have pony rides, a petting zoo, bouncy castles, and a fishing pond (with real fish). It should be a chaotic kind of fun. Here are my workouts for the week:

Monday- Ran 3 miles, 2 X 2:00 AI, 2 X 2:30 AI, 1 x 3:00 AI + 6 gentle pickups for a total of 5.7 miles
Tuesday- Rest
Wednesday- 1 mile uphill, 1 mile with 2 GP, repeat 2 more times for a total of 6.1 miles
Thursday- Week 3 day 3 push up challenge 30, 22,22, 20, 35 that's 124 push ups!!!
Friday- 4.5 miles in 43 minutes

I'll post my race results over the weekend. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

BeachRunner said...

Good luck and congrats for running for such a great cause.

Anonymous said...

I hope the race went well. At least there won't be any people dodging. I love running races that are for a good cause. Can't wait to hear how the race went and how the kids did!

new*me said...

your motivation is so inspiring!

N.D. said...

hope the race went well! Sounds like a great one!