Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pre New Years Eve Goals and Resolutions

I know everyone is reflecting back on their year and what it meant to them. I am truly grateful for the year I had. Not that it was anything earth shattering. I have my family. We all have our health. My husband and I are still employed. I have love. What else can I ask for?

Every time I complain or look begrudgingly at my stomach with its vast stretchmarks and still loose skin (even after a tummy tuck), I need you to slap me. That's right let me have it. Why??? Because as a fellow WW member said to me in a meeting one time, "They are the marks of love. You worked so hard to have those babies. They are a blessing. And so are your stretchmarks." Now I would NEVER call my stretchmarks a blessing, but I would of my boys. And I did struggle to have them. I am lucky to have them, even when they're trying to climb up my arm, even when they tell me they want 'up' for the thousandth time in the day, even when they interrupt me on my treadmill, and even when they wake me up at an ungodly hour. I am lucky because they call me mommy, lucky that they tell me they love me more than once every day, lucky for our snuggles and rubbing noses, lucky I get to read books with them every night, and lucky that they make me smile. Wow, I am actually getting choked up writing this. Gosh I'm a sap. Anyhoo, in no particular order, these are the things I WILL work on to be a better person, mother, and wife this next year:


  • Take a deep breath before losing my cool
  • Do weights/toning exercises at least 3 times a week...your cottage cheese ass will thank you
  • Continue running
  • Do as many local races as possible including a 5K, 10K, 12K and one more half marathon
  • Write a letter your dad, even if you never mail it
  • Initiate boot knockin' with the hubs at least twice a month...he needs to feel wanted too!!!
  • Stop staying at work past 5 o'clock...the work will NEVER be done... so get over yourself
  • Lose the 10 lbs. you've gained since May
  • Stop pretending that your children make you late all of the time...you're late even when by yourself!!!
  • Ask others about their life...not everything is about you semi-only child!!!
  • Fix your sagging tribal boobs...the hubs will thank you
  • Learn to meditate...seriously...you must do something before you get an ulcer
  • Be present at least with your children

**I forgot at least two more thins to work on for the New Year. The first being a decadence list that I learned about from the all powerful Miz. It's a list of things that feel good that you can turn to rather than food when upset or stressed. I started making my list in my head in my shower yesterday. Number 1 on the list, take a shower until the hot water runs out. I know it's not very green of me, but it feels soooooooo good and it's free. Also, I want to find a food table like the great Roni has since I have been a slacker at writing down my points. I know it works in weight loss, but I just haven't been doing it. ** editions

Happy New Years to all of you!

Todays workout:

  • 5 min warmup
  • Alternating walking and side steppin on the treadmill at various inclines
  • Hill climb 20 minutes
  • Cool down 5 minutes
  • 50 minutes of yoga and strength training using my Wii Fit

7 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Who is this person you're talking about that needs all this fixing? I look at your picture and I see a stunning beauty!

Dawn said...

sounds like some good goals for 2009...I may steal a few...hehe

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you! Your goals sounds good. We are always a work in progress.

BeachRunner said...

Happy New Year.

N.D. said...

AWw I can see how it can be something you have to think positively about. The sacrifices moms have to make!!!
Sounds like a good year and good positive thoughts. I don't know what the braxton hicks feel like - I don't think I've been getting them.

purple_moonflower said...

Happy New Year!! You goals sound awesome. I also need to show my hubby more affection (wink-wink)!

Being a mom is great, but it can be stressful at times, but it is always good to do something for yourself.

L. said...

great goals for the new year!