Friday, March 27, 2009

A Blah Day

So most of this week I've been proud of my choices. I didn't munch like crazy, didn't bust into my cookies, also didn't binge on my sons birthday cake. Unfortunately I had been too busy to notice I didn't have many good breakfast choices. I tried to eat what I thought was a good mix of protein, fat, and carbs, but I think it must have been just heavy carbs. I was out of fruit so not much fiber either. I ate 3 more points than I normally do for breakfast yet I was so hungry by 2:00 pm! That's when I did start the munchfest. I am proud that I was at least aware and didn't let it get totally out of control. I was probably 4 points over my daily amount.

Today, still feeling sick. I was not able to run yesterday. My coughing has gotten worse and there was no physical way I could have run 7 miles with 4 of them being sprints. I start coughing just walking around trying to talk on the phone. So I'm not in the best of moods already being sick, and then I discovered something else that bummed me out today. Our school was broken into last night and I had some things taken from my room. It wasn't an of my personal property, but I still feel violated and almost targeted. No other classroom had things taken and this person obviously knew the school and just where to go. Luckily I had taken my laptop home last night so that's safe. Needless to say I was in a funk all morning and what did I walk into on my way to lunch. The smell of deliciousness...PIZZA. Oh good golly miss molly just what I needed, to be tempted my trigger food when I'm in a mood. Luckily, a cowoker turned me toward some homemade muffins that she had made that were pretty healthy and low fat. I asked her what was in them and she said things like whole wheat flour, flax seed, carrots, apples, oranges, etc. Sounded good to me. So rather than eat 8 different choices of pizzas, I ate to of the muffins. I feel like that was a NSV for me!

Now we're on spring break and I hope to rest to feel better. I just get antsy that the more I rest, I quickly am losing the endurance I've built up for my long runs. My 1/2 marathon is in a month and a half and I want to be ready. It doesn't do any good getting antsy though, there's no stinkin way I could run right now so I might as well try to rest. Again, who am I than I am dying to run? Sheesh, I still can't believe how much I've changed.

No comments: