Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sick not Lazy

I have not done jack diddily squat today and I feel like a bum. The funny thing is, this is how my Saturdays always used to be. Lay on the couch with my hubby and watch movies all day well eating junk food. We were literally couch potatoes. It was pretty sad when my mother had to take my son outside to play because I was too tired and needed a nap. I just need to give myself permission to chillax. I'm not being lazy, I am really sick. I can't even laugh without coughing up my lungs!

Right now, I'm doing nothing and it feels weird. I know my body needs it to get better, but it still feels weird. So my day has been like this:
  • Kids woke me up so I got them their breakfast
  • Read my Facebook
  • Watched my kids play
  • Ate breakfast
  • Talked on the phone
  • Laid down to watch a movie but fell asleep
  • Blog, blog, blog

I ate two egg sandwiches this morning with a cup of strawberries. I forgot how much I love those. It was 8 points for 2 eggs, 4 pieces of toast, and two pieces of WW cheese. That combined with the strawberries was quite a good meal. In fact, I haven't wanted to eat anything else until about an hour ago. That could be because I was sleeping though! LOL I was told by a friend today to take Vit C and Garlic pills every hour to kill my cold. Every hour? Won't I stink? I'll try it though since my Zinc lozenges aren't helping anymore.

Any other tricks or remedies for colds and coughs? What are your go-to's for feeling better?

5 comments:

Dr Wednesday said...

A hot shower. When I feel bad I forget how great a hot shower feels. If I need to accomplish alot around the house and am real sick, I might even shower every four hours for the post-shower boost I get. Lame? Probably. : )

carla said...

sleep (which I can never get enough of) just plain rest (see previous parenthetical :))

hmmm, Im tipless.

Anonymous said...

Rest up and drink lots of fluids!

Jules said...

Depends on what's wrong with me :) I emailed you my chest cold remedy.
For sore throats I gargle with mouth wash and add a drop of Oregano oil to it. Kills it pretty quick. My mom drinks Oregano oil in her hot toddy along with Eucalyputus oil, but i don't like the taste of the oregano oil. Otherwise, using oregano oil, tea tree oil & eucalyptus oil diluted in an oil base rubbed on my chest for stuffy nose helps. BUT really... i just usually lay around running after a 2 year old all at the same time. :) Get better.

N.D. said...

sounds like you are doing great -hope you feel better!