Friday, March 20, 2009

Oh hum. If anyone is still reading this, you are amazing and I thank you. When I get stressed in my life, I don't know how to handle it well. I either eat, drink, or make myself literally sick to my stomach. The one thing that I usually let go of to save my sanity is blogging. I know I should do it because it always makes me feel better and is a better outlet for my stress. Maybe if I had been blogging, I wouldn't have been the human snack machine this week. For some reason, Goldfish crackers has been my biggest munchy this week. It is report card and conference time and getting ready for both is always stressful for me. I tend to be high strung though.

In fact, 2 weeks ago I was so overwhelmed I literally could not stop crying for two days. Every time my husband tried to talk to me, it just wasn't right and I'd bawl. I finally felt better when he offered to help and came into my work with me for 3 hours to help me get organized. I SUCK at time management. I am always amazed at the speed he finishes my projects.

Last Saturday, I ran my first race for 2009. It was a five miler and I finished it in 40 minutes. I got 3rd in my age range. Then when I got home I ran another 2.5 miles to make it my long run day. I have done shorter runs with toning this week.

After conference this week, hopeful I will be back to read all of your fabulous blogs and blogging myself. I will be catching up on all of your blogs soon!

5 comments:

new*me said...

sorry it's been so stressful for you. I have kind of had an overflow of emotions/nerves the last couple weeks so I can relate. Even though I don't work outside the home, sometimes I think if I did, it would be less stressful in some ways!

I can think of a lot worse things to indulge in then Goldfish ;). Hope you have a much better week.

Jules said...

Take heart. When you're stressed you have to let something go here and there. It's a must. But you should try and ditch the things that don't relieve it. :):):):) Thankfully your hubby is there to help when you allow him :) BUT do give up the goldfish. hhhhmmmmm:) indulgence isn't a bad thing, over indulgence is. :)
You've done an amazing job and amist all your stress you're still managing to run and compete! That in its self is fabulous :)

Dr Wednesday said...

You blog as little or as much as you need it gal.

Anonymous said...

You rocked the race!! Well done. Hang in there with the stress. Glad your husband is there to help.

purple_moonflower said...

Sometimes when you are stressed some things have to sit on the curb. You have been doing such a great job, just know that we are here for you.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I have something on my blog for you.