Friday, August 1, 2008

PB2 & BBQ

A few questions about the PB2. It's ground into a powder and then pressed which takes the fat out. You mix 2 tbsp of the PB2 with 1 tbsp water for 1 point. You can do a TON with it.

*Low cal/points PB&J (could be as low as 2 points)

*Sprinkle in with WW Smoothie chocolate smoothie mix for a 2 point chocolate/peanut butter smoothie

*Sprinkle some in with your stir fried veggies for a great peanut sauce

*Some of you mix peanut butter with your steel cut oatmeal, this could be an alternative.

Also, if you don't like all of the sugar in BBQ sauce, as I mentioned in the earlier post, I read a Weight Watcher recipe that simply had you mix 1 cup ketchup with a can of diet cola (I prefer Coke 0). What I do with it:

*Slowly stir 1 can of diet coke into a bowl with a cup of ketchup
*Pour into a saute pan with 4 chicken breasts
*Bring sauce to a boil
*Boil breasts for 10 minutes on each side
*Reduce heat to low and remove chicken breasts
*Use to forks to pull the chicken apart
*Place shredded chicken back into the pan
*Cook on low/med heat for 10 more minutes

You can serve on low cal buns for a nice summer BBQ chicken sandwich. If you don't do bread, I place 4 oz. over a microwaveable baked potato.

Just some things I do. If you haven't been able to tell by now, I'm not a great cook. I need fast, convenient, and healthy.

3 comments:

Brightcetera said...

OMG! I'm trying that recipe out soon. I'm a fan of easy cooking. I'd try it over rice, I think.
Thanks for posting what to do with the PB2.

Lyn said...

Wow that sounds great! I just found your blog thorugh Katschi. YOU LOOK AMAZING. Your photos are so awesome. Congrats on doing something wonderful for yourself and your kids. I hope I have fantastic pictures like yours for my 'afters' someday :)

Brightcetera said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, Chellie!
Did you see my post about your bbq chicken recipe? I made it and boy was it good. I added garlic powder & Mrs Dash chipotle seasoning to it, too. It's a great recipe...thanks for sharing it!
I love your blog. Your success motivates me to keep going!